Can I take a look at a sample of your affiliate programming?
Absolutely! You can sign up for a sample of our Kinetic
or Competitor Add-on
Programs on SugarWOD by clicking on each program link. We recommend this option for all current and new SugarWOD customers so you can see how we integrate with your existing SugarWOD account and how our programming will display on your end.
You can also take a quick look at our affiliate and competitor programming here.
What makes Defined Athletics different?
The Method was designed with five primary objectives that serve as the foundation for our program development:
- To inspire and empower athletes, coaches and affiliate owners to be more impactful in their local communities. We’re focused on leadership and business development. We devote a great deal of time and resources to developing content and programs that will make your coaches more impactful, allowing you to focus on developing your community.
- To encourage more effective and efficient coaching. We don’t claim to have a secret recipe or exaggerate the nature of our program. The truth is a five minute Google search will yield 10s of millions of workout programs you could follow, which is why our programming is available FREE on most of our social media channels, on our website, and on SugarWOD (Lifestyle Program). Instead, our programming focuses more on delivering content that will allow your coaches to better prepare and execute each class.
- To establish the world’s most inclusive community of athletes and affiliates. We built the Friends of the Method Program around our desire to create a community of Method Athletes and Affiliates around the world. Traveling Method Athletes can search our map for affiliates near their destination that are following The Method, so they don’t have to skip out on a day of training. And affiliates receive up to $600/year off of their programming fees!
- To lead the fitness community in the integration of science and fitness. We chose to build our program around the SugarWOD platform because of it’s focus on building community. In addition to their advanced workout tracking software, SugarWOD’s mobile app allows your coaches and athletes to interact with and encourage one another through the toughest WODs.
- To ease the burden of programming on busy affiliate owner. The list of responsibilities as an affiliate owner is unending: accounting, coaching, selling retail, cleaning, marketing, programming…it never ends. Our intention is to offer a better alternative to spending hours each week programming and allow affiliate owners to get back to enjoying the things that inspired them to get into the business in the first place.
What makes The Method different?
- Programming is our purpose, not just our
past-time. Because we aren’t busy running our own affiliate, we aren’t selling you a program built for our members. We’re offering one built with the athlete in mind that is customizable to your members.
- Broad Stimuli=Broad Adaptation. Our Workout of the Day track is tried and true general physical preparedness (GPP) programming, so most of your athletes will benefit simply by following our Workout of the Day track.
- Tested. Assessed. Assigned. Most workouts are tried and test by Method Athletes and Coaches prior to ever being programmed.
- Greater adaptability. By constantly varying the stimulus for each workout, we ensure your athletes are better able to handle any challenge thrown their way.
- Evidence based programming. With 10+ years of combined chemical research experience, we know how to look at data and identity trends, so our programming is constantly evolving.
- Ease of customization. We make it easy to assign additional strength, endurance or gymnastics work from our Competitor Program to the WOD, because you know your athletes best.
- Collaborative Coaching. Successful coaching is ultimately a collaborative effort between coaches and athletes.When athletes have a clearer understanding of the flow of each class and the intent behind each workout, they are better prepared to be on task and on time. So rather than flooding our programming with hidden content, we put our warm-ups, skill and/or strength work, workouts (including scaling options and performance tips), and mobility/cool downs directly in front of your athletes and coaches.
- Dedicated Method Coach. When you subscribe, you’ll be assigned a dedicated Method Coach to manage and oversee your account with us, so you never have to worry about bringing us up to speed.
- (More) Affordable. Our Kinetic program is currently the most affordable affiliate programming solution on SugarWOD.
- WE GUARANTEE IT! We stand by our programming, so we invite you to subscribe for one month and if you aren’t impressed and we can’t fix it, we’ll refund your first month. See below for details.
Will The Method work for MY athletes?
Absolutely! Our Workout of the Day track is programmed for the elite athlete, with scaling and modification suggestions available for athletes of all skill and ability levels. When your advanced athletes need more, you can assign them additional content from our Competitor Program.
Will my athletes enjoy The Method?
Yes, but we’re a little biased, so here’s why:
Generally speaking, we try to program workouts in a way that is fun and engaging, whether performed in a class setting, in a small group, or solo. For that reason, we’ve built our Competitor Program around our affiliate programming, so even elite athletes are still engaged with and inspired by the sense of community that defines our sport. We also program regular partner workouts (of varying sizes), typically once per week or every other week. From time-to-time, we also try to incorporate odd-objects and uncommon assessments designed to challenge your athletes, yet still remain true to the concept of functional fitness. And we regularly program workouts that encourage friendly competition within the class setting – clean ladders, relay races, etc.
Our Method Competitors then get to take their training one step further with our supplemental Competitor programming. Whether they want to increase their strength by following only our strength programming that month, or they’re an aspiring Games athlete, you’ll find programming that will meet them where they are (with multiple scaling options) and take them where they want to be.
When are the workouts published in SugarWOD?
The Method is published one month at a time, typically one week prior to the upcoming month. This allows for you and your coaching staff to review, discuss and modify the program to suit your athletes, if needed.
Does The Method offer scaling or modification suggestions?
Yes! The Method uses a three-tier athlete classification and scaling system based on athlete goals, not just
their experience level. We’ve found that a goal-oriented classification system leads to a more accurate self-assessment among athletes. Our three classifications are: competitors
, fitness-focused athletes
, and lifestyle athletes
Competitors are athletes who have both the desire to compete at higher levels of competition, and who have demonstrated advanced proficiency in nearly all movements. Competitors will generally be able to “Rx” most workouts and might include Regional and Games level athletes.
Fitness Athletes may have the desire to compete at a higher level, but are still developing proficiency, strength, and capacity in some movements. These athletes will likely be able to Rx some workouts, but will still require some modification for workouts involving heavier weights, higher volume, or more challenging gymnastics movements. Most athletes fall into this classification.
Lifestyle Athletes are athletes who are developing proficiency and may or may not have the desire to compete. These athletes are focused on improving their mechanics and consistency for each movement and will perform a majority of workouts scaled. Most new athletes, athletes with physical limitations and injuries, some pregnant athletes, and some senior athletes may fall into this classification.
What is the Competitor Program?
The Competitor Program offers additional endurance, gymnastics and strength biased programming for more advanced athletes. This content is included in the Catalyst and Absolute Programs, but is delivered separately in SugarWOD to give you greater ability to tailor your program to your athletes. The Competitor Program can also be assigned to individual athletes, sold as a separate program within your affiliate, or used as a class program for your advanced athletes.
What if I don't have the equipment required for a workout at my affiliate?
We make every effort to program class workouts for the Workout of the Day track that only require equipment that has thus far been programmed in competition. However, we do try to incorporate new equipment from time-to-time in support of our GPP model. On those days, we often make suggestions for alternatives via the Coaches Notes, but if you have a specific requirement or limitation and aren’t sure how to best modify the workout, contact us and we’ll be glad to help!
What if I HATE a workout?
…but if you do, you can easily substitute that workout with another from our Competitor Program.
What if I try The Method and don't like it?
We are fully committed to ensuring your experience with The Method is nothing short of exceptional. If you are unsatisfied with our program and we cannot make it right, we’ll either refund your first month or credit your next month, as appropriate. In order to make our program better for you and our other affiliates though, we have just a few requirements to be eligible for this refund:
1) Complete our exit survey. We want to know how we can improve our program, so we’ll ask you to share your experience with us.
2) Follow The Method exclusively for 30 days. Follow our Workout of the Day track as your affiliate’s primary program for 30 consecutive days, remaining at least 85% true to the program (i.e. only changing/replacing one workout per week). We program with the big picture in mind, so changing our programming too often might undermine some of those underlying goals.
3) Demonstrate at least 25% athlete and coach participation. If there is a problem causing your athletes or coaches not to see results from our program, we want to find out why. We ask that you encourage your athletes to fully participate in the program and that at least 25% of your athletes and coaches record their scores for each workout. For example, if you have 100 members, we ask that at least 25 record their scores for each workout and that you share that data with us.
Successfully complete and consent to the aforementioned terms and if you aren’t satisfied with our programming, we’ll issue you a refund for your first month. Time to process refund may vary from bank to bank, so please allow up to 30 days from the completion of the above to receive your refund.
Please note: Guarantee does not apply towards The Method’s Absolute or Quantum Programs.